Saturday, October 29, 2005

Allillanchu wayki?


How are you, friend? My wife and I just got back from our much belated Honeymoon – we took a trip to Peru and hiked the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. It was an incredible trip. Here is a small photo of Kristin with our guide, Marco. You can view all our photos of the Inca trail here. Perhaps the most humbling aspect of the trip was seeing how Peruvians live. The majority are living in homes built from sun-dried mud bricks. They are a hard working, sincere, and beautiful people living by the only means they can afford. I feel shame for ever having complained about my apartment because it didn’t have a dishwasher.

The October clouds and rain didn’t afford much star gazing opportunity for this first-time Southern hemisphere traveler. Looks like I’ll have to schedule another trip to see how stars fall on the other side…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home